Ken, I like this thread. Sue, I know what you mean about Kirby and Michael. ;) Seriously though, sometimes I convince myself I NEED it. It's like a rush that comes upon me, not unlike a hot flash...then it's a done deal.

Andrea

On Mar 6, 2008, at 3:47 PM, Susan Heim wrote:

Hey Andrea, Michael (Patrick), and all:

I make it a point never to ask any of my friends what their ebay name is so I don't have to feel guilty and if I do know their name and outbid them anyway, I claim early stages of senility. If I happen to be perusing Ebay and see Michael bidding on something, I immediately outbid him, especially if he is bidding on something of Kirby's. Kirby is my friend and I know Michael will keep bidding it up until it's his. So, more money for Kirby (yea!!). I snipe at every turn. If I want it, it's mine!! As Jack Lemmon says in The Apartment, "that's the way it crumbles, cookie-wise" !!

Having fun with you all,
Sue in sunny Cal

----- Original Message -----
From: Freedom Lover
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] eBay is now hiding bidder screen-names!

I noticed that, but I don't think it's necessarily a good idea. I mostly buy and if I want something a friend of mine is bidding on, I'll sometimes let it go (depends on the piece, of course). Of course, the sellers will say this is bad for business and they're right. I still liked the option of standing aside for a bud.

Andrea