And with PayPal's 'stellar' reputation, I can certainly foresee many an International class action lawsuit.

These guys are morons. They could simply charge Sellers or Buyers who request to list or use another form of payment an added fee to do so in any auction. Seducing people toward Paypal with their pocketbook is far more sensible. In this way they could possibly expand their field of buyers and keep these customers' options available rather than contracting and becoming
more and more user UN-friendly.

It's so utterly transparent that Ebay, as we knew it, already has one foot in the grave. But don't worry, I'm sure the Chairman of Ebay will get zillions of dollars as a bonus for implementing boneheaded business practices.

Amazing, but, in this era, it seems that failing forward is the hallmark of Corporate heads,

Patrick