  From: Patrick Michael Tupy
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] eBay Strikes Again

  And with PayPal's 'stellar' reputation, I can certainly foresee many an
International class action lawsuit.

  These guys are morons.  They could simply charge Sellers or Buyers who
request to list or use another form of payment an
  added fee to do so in any auction.   Seducing people toward Paypal with their
pocketbook is far more sensible.  In this way they
  could possibly expand their field of buyers and keep these customers' options
available rather than contracting and becoming
  more and more user UN-friendly.

  It's so utterly transparent that Ebay, as we knew it, already has one foot in
the grave.  But don't worry, I'm sure the Chairman of Ebay
  will get zillions of dollars as a bonus for implementing boneheaded business
practices.

  Amazing, but, in this era, it seems that failing forward is the hallmark of
Corporate heads,

  Patrick