I dislike UPS. They may be cheaper but they play fast and loose with expensive shipments in Austin. I have a signature (requires a signature) agreement with them on file. DON'T LEAVE AN EXPENSIVE PACKAGE WITHOUT A SIGNATURE. They don't observe it, and I can't seem to get them to observe it. At least here in Austin. My least favorite shipper. We use the USPS for most things and FEDEX for the rest. Sometimes DHL, which stands for
Day and a Half Late.

Kirby
www.movieart.net

On May 14, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Richard Auras wrote:

They would fit in the USPS flat rate box (8.5x11x5.5) with sturdy packing and would run $8.95 for up to 20 lbs. Even with insurance it would run under $15. Unfortunately, if the shipping fee was posted with the auction you will probably get an argument.

   Rick

P.S. OT: Any philatelists on the list (stamp collectors)? I have 136 ebay auctions for stamps from 1880 thru 1910 which are being offered from my private collection to try to fund a trip back to Delaware. My pappa passed on a month ago and my mom is storing a load of things he wanted me to have. My home budget is short so I am hoping the stamps will put me over.....

----- Original Message ----
From: Douglas Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:37:13 AM
Subject: [MOPO] shipping question?

This is to all the dealers/sellers.
What would you charge to send 50 loose 8x10 stills Priority mail to Columbus, Ohio?

The reason for asking, I won that many from a seller and that seller is wanting to charge $39.00. There is not suppose to be a handling charge, just shipping. Also, this package is being shipped from the middle of the country. I just receive 2- 27x41 frames from Sue and her charge (FedEx) was only $30. and of course , in a very large box.

I know that postage is getting out of hand, but I think some sellers are trying to capitalize on the situation...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Doug
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com