Sue, I was working out in the garage and knew someone was going to ask. I paid
around $150. Value???

Doug

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Susan Heim
  To: Douglas Ball ; MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:00 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] shipping question?

  Hey Doug and all,
     How much are the stills worth. Insurance on a box can be steep. However,
it would seem that $39 to ship a small package is excessive. In all fairness to
other sellers, though, as I do hear a lot of complaints about what people
perceive as excessive shipping charges, I do absorb part of the shipping of my
frames. Most of my frames are "free shipping" in multipacks with the exception
of my larger Premium and Deluxe frames as they get shipped in a box that is
48"x33"x4" and the normal shipping on that box from L.A. to N.Y. is close to
$50 and that is based on the discounted rate I get because I ship close to 50
boxes a day. So, imagine the guy that has to ship just one!!
       Did the seller give an explanation as to why he is charging $39? If the
purchase was an Ebay one and the shipping was pre-listed, then you don't have
much of a case. If not mentioned in the listing, you can report it to Ebay as
excessive shipping charges. Of course, we all know what Ebay does or doesn't do
with complaints.

  Good Luck Doug,

  Sue
  www.hollywoodposterframes.com