Hey Sean,
    I'm surprised you would even mention it since you have gotten your Archival
and Economy frames from me for a few years now. By the way, My frames  are
called "Archival", not theirs because theirs are not full archival frames even
with the acid free backing.

    Well, you will notice the deal with Wholesale Poster Frames is that it
isn't real plexiglass and it is a frame kit that you have to assemble. If you
read carefully, it is plastic covers. It is called styrene in the industry and
it is very thin. It's the stuff that can stick to the face of your poster over
time.  It comes rolled up in a tube to you with your four frame leg kit. The
foamcore is scored in thirds, for the larger frames,  so it can fold up in the
box.  They claim it is UV filtered and I have one in my possession from a
customer who mistakenly bought one and inspected it. Anyone can claim UV
filtering, even with 1% UV glaze on it. It has discolored over time and gets
that opaque look that low grade plastics tend to get over time.  It is a
semantics issue and they use it to their advantage. They even claim they had it
specially manufactured for just their purposes, but no one in the legitimate
framing industry has ever heard of the trademark they mention. All baloney, if
you ask me.

    They are not custom framers. They sell all kinds of stuff at other venues
They use to be called Zove designs and sold everything on Ebay including short
band radios and, all of a sudden, a glut of plastic frames. You know, the kind
you can get at the video store with plastic snap on legs, a piece of thin
plastic sheeting and a piece of cardboard with a plastic snap hanger on the
back. One of our Mopo members who orders their frames from me called me to ask
if I was operating under a different name on Ebay as their listing had a
picture of my frame store lobby in it. They had gone to my website and taken
the photos and text from my website and used it in their auctions. I
immediately emailed them and, very nicely, suggested that, while imitation is
the sincerest form of flattery, I would rather they not use my pictures and
text "Protect Your Investment Now" to sell their plastic frames with cardboard
backings. I offered them my phone number to call for advice on their frames.
They called me and said they weren't a framer and just bought items at closeout
to resell on Ebay. They said the guy they bought the frames from told them they
were UV filtered but that after my email to them they had called him and he
said he never told them anything like that. So, they said they would change
their listing, removing my pictures and text. Never really apologized for
taking them to begin with. They did change their text, but only slightly, still
with the intent to defraud customers by saying things in their listings that
just weren't true. Then they must have sold all that junk off and went away.

    About two months later, they show back up on Ebay with this frame kit and
they have changed their name to Wholesale Poster Frames, my byline on every
single one of my listings on Ebay at the time. Not only had they done that,
they had gone in a bought up domain names of misspellings of my name
www.hollywoodposterframes.com<http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/>. So, if
one of my customers typed my website name wrong, say with one L or one O, they
would wind up at their site. That is exactly what happened and how I found out
about it.

   So, basically these people are jerks and crooks in my book.  They ship
people a frame kit with a bunch of junk in it and tell people their posters
will be protected. They have a a lot of negative feedback on Ebay all
pertaining to the poor quality of the frame.

 They purposefully sell all of their frames on Ebay one dollar under mine so
that they come up first in the search. They sell a frame that costs them about
$8 to make for $49 and call it wholesale. I think that's wrong.

The product in my archival and deluxe frames is Artcare, which is not just 100%
acid free foamcore, but it has ingredients put into it during manufacture that
neutralize the acids and I only use genuine trademarked 1/8" thick UV filtered
plexiglass.

So, that's the scoop. I have had customers from Ebay who have written them to
ask questions about the difference in my frames and theirs and they have
basically lied to the customers just to try to make a sale. Luckily I have
enough articles out there on the internet to educate collectors and once
someone has ordered a frame of mine, it speaks for itself. I appreciate all the
business that comes from members of this group. I do try to put out a high
quality product to protect your posters, truly protect them. Since we don't
build a profit margin on them, you can't even compare our custom frames to
their kits.

Sue
www.hollywoodposterframes.com<http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/>
(800) 463-2994