  From: Franc
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 7:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Auction - Furthermore

  This is sad. You'd think the restoration group responsible for revitalizing
Hollywood and Vine would have considered leasing some of the property to
dealers in vintage Hollywood memorabilia so as to preserve some of Hollywood's
past. I have no problem getting rid of some of cheap wig stores and the crappy
souvenir stores that line the avenue but Hollywood Blvd. will lose its
character if it simply hosts Nike shops and Banana Republics. It will begin to
look like Times Square in New York. FRANC