Davem,

You're at the disadvantage of not knowing if the guy/gal who wrote that eventually changed his/her mind and sold the poster to someone.

And I'm likely WAAAAY off on this but in a way, aren't the vast majority of posters technically 'stolen' from the NSS?

Know there are mitigating circumstances since all that's past but does the front of the poster say "Return to National Screen Service" on it? If so, perhaps the first guy could be seen as having stolen it from NSS by not returning it so you may be morally off the hook.

Which begs the question, did YOU get a steal on it?

Patrick