Michael,

I read Freeman's comment completely differently. I didn't think he disagreed with you at all. I took it to mean that from his POV, he was commenting because he felt your statement was obvious and therefore needn't have been made at all.

Let's all agree that words tossed about in a cavalier fashion can inflict pain and thus, we all would be wise to
consider this before possibly hurting someone unintentionally.

I cannot imagine that Freeman's intent was to hurt anyone, personally.

Patrick