OR

Verbally bitch slap a whiney know-it-all on  MOPO on his tiresome and oft
repeated declarations based on a  single narrow and as written fallacious
declarations  and when it  makes them cry I am  a HARSH MEANIE.   Oh pooh!

Michael if you can't substantiate then ......damn I can't  think of a word
that rhymes.
 (And really all I want to talk about is THE DARK  KNIGHT)

BUT I NEED TO END THIS HERE
(SCROLL TO DARK KNIGHT IF THE FOLLOWING CAUSES  INFLAMATION)

Michael's original posting

Ron, your  comment attests to the fact that UNBACKED, UNRESTORED is  better.
moreover, why back something due to minor flaws.  backed  posters are always
suspect.
Remember.............wjen you buy INBACKED,  UNRESTORED, YOU KNOW EXACTLY
WHAT YOU ARE GETTING, AND THEY ARE WORTH A  PREMIUM!!!!
michael

My sage and intelligent rebuttal - Is there a limit to  the number of moronic
statements a Mopo member can make in a  week?

Michael  YOU WIMP  I know you are capable  (besides proper conjugation,
punctuation, subject and predicate)  of  something clever but VICTIMIZED?
That's
so Jesse  Jackson!  You could have come back with  (and I offer these  free of
charge,  I am just that kind of guy)

1. Well I don't know how many posts  Freeman, but  you just used one!

2.  Well gee Freeman show me a moronic  statement,  bitch!

3.  Oh you tink you're so smart cuz  you can spel.

4.  I will not dignify that with an answer  because  I look stupid already

5.  Who the Hell do you think you  are..........Claude LItton?  I've read his
posts and you sir are no  Claude Litton!

6. That's my opinion and  say what you want but that's MY opinion.  (Of
course I  never pay a premium for pristine as everyone knows .....   :)

QUESTION? Were you paper backed at an early age?   Were you forced to stretch
canvas in a windowless basement in Idaho? Did   your Mom actually say to you
"Oh honey I wouldn't change a thing!"  Your  constant  demonizing of linen
backing said in absolutes I am finally  calling you on.   NOTHING PERSONAL  I
AM
SO GLAD YOU'RE ON  MOPO......I WISH OTHERS WOULD CHIME IN.  BUT AS A FRIEND
DUDE YOU'VE BECOME CURRY..... A LITTLE GOES A LONG  WAY.

First
It is not a fact unrestored and unbacked is better.   There are countless
rare one sheets, but more so French and Italian  masterpieces of printing that
require deacidification and backing to keep the  inks from structurally eating
the actual paper poster is printed on  especially those pre-1960.   Michael
just  throw out a number - of titles that  represents.  Forget it you'll hurt
yourself.  Its  11,612  potential posters  give or take I think maybe.

Second
Linen backed posters are not even slightly suspect because  anyone can
determine what has been done.  YOU DISPARAGE THE  PROFESSIONALISM, ARTISTRY AND
INTERGRTY OF THOSE GIFTED STEWARDS OF VINTAGE  PAPER  with such an egregious
insult  as well as dealers WHO  INVEST WITH THEIR COLD HARD CASH TO PRESENT A
POSTER AT ITS BEST DETERMINING  EXACTLY WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND TO WHAT
DEGREE
and REVEAL HONESTLY AS  BEST THEY CAN AT TIME OF SALE, TRADE OR  CONSIGNMENT.
Michael  I PROMISE YOU,  MOST sellers  are one with  Angels bringing joy,
happiness, and clever  witticisms  and bon mots of knowledge and expertise with
enthusiasm and  energy  to collectors far and wide ................mostly far
lately (Thank you Europe!).  .

So Michael  get yourself two things  no,  three things. ONE a hand held black
light for  card stocks and TWO single halogen work lamp for posters.   The
veil is lifted, clarity can be yours!  You can see with black-light  the touch
ups of even the most discreet and professional air brushing on card  stock or
other papers too opaque to have light pass through..........With the  halogen
turn the poster facing the bulb and read the shadows that magically  appear
through the linen those shadows tell you touch ups, paper replacement,  border
repairs  and sometime a phone number for Althea  the Concession  Girl who
brings new meaning to  the question "extra butter?"

The THIRD thing   a sense of humor.............for  God's sake I didn't back
over you with my jeep.  I am SAVING THAT  FOR  JEFF  POTOKAR  :))

To everyone who posted such lovely  comments  you made my Birthday.....Yes I
turned  52   yesterday.,............DAMN!   NOW  MY ASS NEEDS BACKING
discreet of course........DARIO!

THE DARK KNIGHT
My great friend, Ron Magid  took me to an all  media screening at the
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS  IMAX last  night .   I cannot recommend enough this triumph
of
commercial  yet intelligent and galvanizing  storytelling.   If you have the
opportunity  to see it at an IMAX, DO  MAKE THE EFFORT.   Extensive footage was
shot in the IMAX  format and its vertiginous,  spellbinding,  and exhilarating
effect to a supremely complex and layered  examination of the human condition
at its darkest moments creates a momentous  movie experience.   Everyone is
great but HEATH LEDGER is a  miracle of psychopathic terrorism that squeaks the
most nervous  laughter and awe in his escalating monstrosity the likes not
seen since Hopkins in  SILENCE OF THE LAMBS .... or  myself.

freeman fisher
8601 west knoll drive #7
west hollywood,  ca
90069