From: Patrick Michael Tupy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:00:14 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] WHO COMPARES TO SPIELBERG?

Roger,

Robert Wise was indeed a gifted editor and filmmaker.  Still, I don't think he
shows the broad and consistent efforts that Hawks or Curtiz showed in so many
different genres.  And, of course, being the Welles lover that I am, I cannot
under any circumstances condone his filming a new 'happy ending' to tack onto
MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS, which certainly made it far less...magnificent.

Patrick