From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Richard
Halegua Comic Art
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 03:44 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] McCain Ad Featuring The Ten Commadments

Colin

I should have added pointedly:
it does not matter if an item is resold over & over after it has been stolen
stolen goods are stolen goods until a statute of limitations passes or until
a rightful owner signs off

It does not matter if 100 people owned it before it was found by the
rightful owner, the person it was stolen from can reclaim it at any time
pursuant to local or federal laws

If owner #10 is found by the person from whom it was stolen, the owner gets
to reclaim the item at no cost and buyer #10 has civil recourse against
person #9 who has recourse against person #8 down to #1 who was presumably -
the thief

possession of a stolen item does not constitute owning title because title
to stolen items cannot be passed on by anyone but the rightful owner