Annnnnd, Kirby, I keep trying to return my posters to NSS but my CASABLANCA 6-Sheet was stamped "Return To Sender, Address Unknown" so I just put it on the wall until I'm contacted by the NSS. And, with all due respect, unless McCain or ANY candidate who uses intellectual property PAYS for it rather than using it to promote their own agenda without permission OR compensation to the artist this is not an 'apples to apples' comparison by any means.

And Vic, I don't see how it's "uppity" to expect the leader of the 'straight-talk' express to to be straight-forward and pay the artist who's music he's using in his ads as anyone else is supposed to by law. And I don't see how it's "uppity" for us to expect the McCain campaign to ASK FOR PERMISSION before using said music. And the fact that there is a lawsuit pending suggests that Jackson Browne thinks McCain's camp might just be a little too eager to appropriate his music AND the appearance of Browne's tacit support by having his music 'backing' McCain's ads. This is not a case of 'people in glass houses' by any means.

At best it's negligent, at worst it's unseemly, unprofessional and illegal.

Call me uppity, but what McCain's camp did was wrong.

Patrick