nothing like CONFORMITY!!!

sheesh...

Say, my buddy just sent this to me from eBay directly, which contradicts
what they did to our poor MoPoer today:

Checks and money orders no longer  allowed

What's changing with payments on  eBay?
Beginning in late October 2008, checks and money orders will no  longer be
allowed as payment methods on eBay. All items appearing on eBay.com  must be
paid for using either:
    *   PayPal (funded by PayPal account balance, credit card, debit card,
bank  account, PayPal Pay Later, PayPal Buyer Credit or eBay gift certificate)
    *   Credit or debit card payment to a seller (through a seller's Internet
 merchant account)
    *   ProPay
    *   Payment upon pickup
In January 2009, all of the approved  electronic payment methods will be
integrated into eBay checkout. For example,  if a seller offers credit or debit
card as a payment option, buyers will be able  to directly enter their credit
card information securely in eBay checkout and  their payment will be directly
routed to the seller's Internet merchant account.

We are also working with other electronic payment providers currently
included in our Accepted Payments Policy to integrate their services into eBay
checkout in 2009.

Learn more at the _Payments Overview  Page_
(http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/Payments) .

Are there any categories excluded from these payment  requirements?
Vehicles (Motors), capital equipment (Business &  Industrial), Mature
Audiences and Real Estate will be excluded from the new  payment requirements.
Specifically, the following categories will be excluded:
    *   Motors > Cars & Trucks
    *   Motors > Motorcycles
    *   Motors > Powersports
    *   Motors > Boats
    *   Motors > Other Vehicles & Trailers
    *   Business & Industrial > Agriculture & Forestry > Tractors  & Farm
Machinery
    *   Business & Industrial > Construction > Heavy Equipment, Trailers
    *   Business & Industrial > Food Service & Retail > Concession  Trailers
& Carts
    *   Business & Industrial > Healthcare, Lab & Life Science >  Imaging &
Aesthetics Equipment
    *   Business & Industrial > Industrial Supply, MRO > Fork Lifts  & Other
Lifts
    *   Business & Industrial > Manufacturing & Metalworking >  Manufacturing
Equipment
    *   Business & Industrial > Manufacturing & Metalworking >  Metalworking
Equipment
    *   Business & Industrial > Office, Printing & Shipping >  Commercial
Printing Presses
    *   Real Estate
    *   Everything Else > Mature Audiences
How does this change  benefit sellers?
We're making this change to better meet buyer  expectations for a consistent,
more secure checkout experience on eBay. This  should increase buyer
confidence in shopping on eBay, which should result in  more buyers and
increased
sales for sellers.

The change will directly  benefit sellers by making payments faster and more
reliable, enabling sellers to  ship more quickly and increase buyer
satisfaction.

How does this  change make payment to sellers faster?
Electronic payment methods give  sellers more immediate access to funds. This
allows for faster fulfillment and  shipping, which should increase buyer
satisfaction and the detailed seller  ratings they leave for sellers. Of US
transactions paid with PayPal, 25% were  paid within 5 minutes and 73% within
24
hours.

How does this change  make payment to sellers more reliable?
Using online payment methods  lowers unpaid item rates. eBay listings that
don't accept PayPal or credit cards  are more than twice as likely to
experience
an unpaid item than listings that  only accept these payment methods. PayPal
will also be protecting all US sellers  on eligible transactions through its
improved seller protection at no additional  cost, with no annual coverage
limit.

How will the change increase  buyer confidence?
Buyers will have a more consistent and secure payment  experience on eBay.
Right now, 1 out of 5 eBay transactions send buyers off eBay  to complete their
purchase. Buyers' experiences vary greatly depending on the  seller and their
payment provider. This lowers buyer confidence in eBay and  leaves buyers more
vulnerable to online fraud. By using only integrated  electronic payment
methods in eBay checkout, buyers will be able to stay on eBay  to pay.

Buyers will also have fewer bad experiences, and if something  does go wrong,
they will have more recourse. Buyers who pay with a check or  money order on
eBay.com today are 80% more likely to file an "item not received"  dispute,
and 50% more likely to leave a negative feedback than buyers who pay  with
PayPal or a credit card. Starting in late October, eligible items paid with
PayPal
on eBay.com will be covered by PayPal Buyer Protection with no coverage
limit and at no additional cost, and all other approved electronic payment
methods' services will also include consumer protection.

Is eBay  planning to eliminate third-party checkout?
Yes. We realize that checkout  services offered by eBay Certified Solution
Providers are valuable services to  our sellers. Our plan is not to disrupt
these services but to work closely with  these providers to integrate them into
eBay checkout in 2009. Ultimately, it's  eBay's goal to have buyers always pay
for their purchases within the secure  confines of eBay.

What about Google Checkout, Checkout by Amazon or  Amazon Flexible Payment
Services? Will these payment methods be  offered?
No. The electronic payment methods available on eBay already  provide
security and protections and are already used by the vast majority of  our
buyers and
sellers. eBay will offer several other electronic payment options  in
addition to PayPal, namely ProPay to start, with more electronic payment
providers
to be added in coming months. Google's and Amazon's products and  services
compete with eBay on a number of levels, so we are not going to allow  them on
eBay.

Do these changes affect all eBay sites?
These  changes only affect the U.S. eBay site. Check other countries'
individual sites  for more information and updates.

What is eBay doing to educate  buyers about these changes and keep them
shopping on eBay?
The vast  majority of buyers already use the approved electronic payment
methods to  purchase items on eBay, and these changes won't affect their
shopping
experiences on eBay. eBay plans to educate and provide incentives to buyers
who  are heavy check or money order users to retain them. In addition, starting
in  late October, eligible items paid with PayPal on eBay.com will be covered
by  PayPal Buyer Protection with no coverage limit and at no additional cost.
_See eligibility_ (https://www.paypal-promo.com/protection/terms/) .

If I already offer one or more of the approved payment methods, what  do I
have to do to comply and when will I need to make changes to my  listings?
If you already offer only the approved electronic payment  methods to your
customers, you're already meeting the new requirements. If you  offer one or
more of the approved electronic payment methods and methods no  longer allowed,
you're fine. Starting in late October, your listings will only  display the
allowed methods. You will need to remove any reference to the  prohibited
payment
methods from your item descriptions.

What if I  only accept checks, money orders or other payment methods that
will be  prohibited?
By late October you'll need to do at least one of the  following:
    *   Add PayPal as a payment method to your listings. This can be done
through  your seller preferences page in My eBay.
    *   Sign up with ProPay to offer this electronic payment option to your
customers. We are also working closely with additional electronic payment
providers to add them to our approved payment providers list. _Learn  more_
(http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/payment-method-accepted.html) .
    *   Accept credit or debit cards through your Internet merchant account.
What if I don't take at least one of these steps by late October,  2008?
You will not be able to list new items or relist using the same  templates.
Your current listings will remain on eBay.com until they end. Good  'til
Canceled listings will be displayed on eBay until they come up for  relisting
at the
end of 30 days.

deal here.