Hi Bruce:

We are pretty close in age. I am 53. I think my Dad bought our first  color
television in 1965. We were the first on our block to have a RCA  color TV. It
was really exciting. I think many were buying them to see  Bonanza in color.
Those were the good old days. My favorite show as a kid  was "Flipper". I liked
the underwater aspects of it. Also I liked Sea Hunt but  that was not in
color. Wish it had been.

I think some of these 16mm syndication prints were black and white of  color.
Like "The Boy With Green Hair". It sure didn't make sense in black  and
white. I think many of the stations had a glut of black and white of color
titles
and were running them forever. Even when color came in.

Yes, the "horse of a different color" would not work when it changed it's
colors on a black and white television. That reminds me of a book I read one
time on the making of "The Wizard Of Oz". They could not paint that horse with
paint of any kind because people were upset about it (early 1939 PETA???)  So
they mixed up concentrated Jello and painted that horse with Jello. I  think
it said in that book that in certain scenes you can possibly see the horse
lick at the Jello.

Yes, OZ did have a sepia tone opening and closing. Good movies, tv  shows and
memories!!!

All The Best Bruce!!!

--Tom

In a message dated 11/10/2008 12:19:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,