  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Fun MOPO Thread

  The reason they showed these all the time was because they would buy the
rights to them for a month or 6 months or a year, and they could show them as
often as they wanted within that time. Of course, some of these movies were
public domain.

  In New York in the 1950s and early 1960s they had "The Million Dollar Movie"
on local Channel 9 (with the theme music from "Gone With the Wind" which was
rumored to have been shown as the first "The Million Dollar Movie" but had been
too expensive and that was merely urban legend), and every day at 1 PM, 7 PM, 9
PM and 11 PM they would show the same movie for an entire week, 20 times each!

  That's how I memorized the words to "Inherit the Wind" and some other
classics!

  Murder, He Says IS every bit as funny as you think it was (it is my favorite
slapstick movie of all time, and if I haven't seen it in years I will sit
convulsed in laughter at the best scenes, especially the one where Fred
MacMurray sits on the unconscious twin's legs and is mistaken for a midget, the
dinner scene with the lazy Susan, and the one where Fred MacMurray convinces
the dumb as doornail twins he is with a ghost).

  The movie has quite a cult following, but is otherwise forgotten.

  The song goes as follows (once you get it in your head it is hard to forget):

  Honor flysis, income beesis
  Onches Knobes, Inknob keysis

  Well worth catching, or buying, but be prepared, it really is as silly as can
be, and you will be amazed at how funny Fred MacMurray could be!

  Bruce

  On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Richard Halegua Comic Art <[EMAIL