I think sellers use the "cut and paste" method, because it helps some buyers with their searches. I often put the word "radio" in my poster searches, and other buyers might be searching for some obscure actor. These search terms could show up in the wikipedia description.

-rk

On Jan 10, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Jeff Potokar wrote:

i agree, lumi... there is nothing worse than finding one line about the poster and its condition, and then, literally, an 8x10 cut and paste from wikipedia about the actors, plot, director, related films, etc. this, to me, is diversionary, to a degree... why bother with all this information, or at least to that degree. it can be maddening...lol.

jeff

On Jan 10, 2009, at 10:00 AM, luminita hascalovitz wrote:

I find it annoying when instead of spending a bit of time on a proper condition report, the seller wastes a lot of time on giving the plot of the movie.

Lumi

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:17:40 -0600
From: brucehershen...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Ebay listings "WOW" & other peeves
To: mop...@sol03.american.edu

I hate when they say that the poster looks worse in their digital image than it does in person. How come they never say it looks BETTER in their digital image than it does in person?

For that matter I can't count the number of times that an eBay image of something I purchased just "happened" to obscure or leave out some important part of the poster (like their "scanner" can't fit the entire image, so they leave out the tattered bottom border, etc).

Bruce