David

I have always meant to apologize for hassling your wife back then at that
Comic-Con in the 1970s!

Seriously though, I really have to admire Steve Fishler. Back at the time of
that auction, Steve and around a dozen other guys were advertising hot and
heavy that each one of them paid the "most" for top quality posters.

Well, I knew when I got these two incredible posters (never before
auctioned, excellent unrestored condition, and straight from a man who had
owned them for 50 years) that THIS would be the ultimate test of who was the
real deal, and who was "all talk".

My auctions have always been cash only, with no trades, no 6 months zero
interest, no pretend sales, etc. I made it clear before the auction that the
high bidder on either of these two posters would have to pay in full within
30 days of the auction date (and only in the world of collectibles where
almost all the top players for the most expensive posters are "collectibles
rich, but cash broke" could these be considered onerous terms).

Well the auction came, and not only did Fishler buy BOTH of these, but none
of the other "we pay most" guys even bid!

And of course I would have gone to my grave without revealing who bought
these except that Steve himself revealed that he was the buyer.

The collectibles world is filled with lots of big talkers, and huge sales
that never really happened, but these were two sales that did.

Bruce