I believe I saw that Heritage is going to have a branch office in California also.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Smith, Grey - 1367" <gre...@ha.com>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] FA: Heritage: Butch Cassidy, Lawrence of Arabia, Triffids, Blow-Up, Baby Jane, more

I think I can answer this with some degree of certainty, but let me begin in my answer to Franc as I was unaware that you emailed me concerning this and if I did miss that, my apologies. Yes, Heritage has opened a branch office in NY and it is neccesary to charge sales tax to NY residents as we charge TX residents, since we now have operations in both states. My understanding to answer Phil, is that regardless of where the item is actually sold, if the transaction is with the company which is registered in that state, the state can claim sales tax, as Rich states further here.
Sad, but very true.
The only way around that which I am aware of is a resale certificate or an out-of-state address. That being said, we sell more than 450 items a week and many go for very,very reasonable prices and so, even if you were paying the sales tax, my guess is there are some real deals for you there!