That's correct. That's one reason Amazon now charges sales tax in many
states because it has so many flagship dealers throughout the country.
FRANC

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of
Richard Halegua Comic Art
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 8:15 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] FA: Heritage: Butch Cassidy, Lawrence of Arabia,
Triffids, Blow-Up, Baby Jane, more

there is some variation to the law

all states have a "mutual presence" sales tax issue
any company that has any kind of presence in any state must collect
sales taxes for sales in that state goes for all 50 states

quite  number of other states have a reciprocal situation that requires
you to get sales taxes for states that you have no presence at all

the laws are archaic in some cases and unless you are a large
corporation, rarely enforced