Just one last post....

I'm sure she won't be disapointed she lost...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/susan-boyle/5412979/Susan-Boyle-set-to-make-millions-after-Britains-Got-Talent.html

Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:00:39 -0700
From: sa...@comic-art.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] OT: Susan Boyle losing
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

the only Idol winner I think anybody really listens to is Carrie
Underwood who is a fabulous singer

Kelly Clarkson stinks

Ruben Stoddard is blase

Fantasia is forgotten

Taylor Hicks was poorly managed

etc etc etc

but Carrie Underwood is fabulous & has a long career ahead of
her

At 11:39 AM 5/31/2009, Michael Greenwood wrote:

Hello

I think what this thread needs is a good dose of (youngish) blood and
reality.  Forget Susan Boyle now and beat the rest of the pack by a
few months.  Who listens to Kelly Clarkson?  The joke is on
anybody who thinks this is real talent and (insert favourite
deity/celebrity here) help us if the Martians invade and hold these
examples up as Earth's premium cultural exports.  What has happened
to our tastes?  Are we really that lazy?

Please, dear world, avert your gaze from these shows and invest your time
and money supporting actually talented singers and songwriters rather
than glitzed-up amateurs doing poorly executed covers of songs by, often,
talented  and forgotten people.  Disregard the outcomes and the
fickle fancies and support people who are worth investing in and need it
badly at this time in the music industry.  There is a ton of talent
out there but you have to dig a bit and realize that it is not going to
get to you as easily as your cable set-up and exposure on today's
commercial radio is also pathetic and near nil for great talent and
congested with crap, just like the current cinema climate.

If you must meet me halfway, go with the new Camera Obscura album as
they're Scottish and fantastic.  I am available as a tutor in the
field of challenging and rewarding contemporary music but I do not come
cheap.

Yours for the asking,

Michael Greenwood