I am going to agree with the others that it makes perfect sense that they
sell for a fraction of the price of a lobby card or poster.

In the case of the White Zombie title mentioned, the past few months I have
dealt several of the original lobby cards (and yes Bruce they are full
color), but I would wager that I have seen more heralds than all other
larger paper on this title combined.  It is the great rarity of larger paper
(including lobbies) as well as demand on this title that causes it to sell
for so much in the marketplace.

Having said that, the herald on this title at $9 of course if a great deal
(even if it's not full color) and certainly a much more inexpensive way for
a collector to have this film represented in their collection.

But there are many collectors that just don't care for heralds and will go
without something on a particular title if all that is available is a
herald.

Both are perfectly legitimate approached to collecting, and I don't fault
the collector that chooses either route.

  _____