"auction houses that may have sold fakes"

I keep missing something. There are only auction houses that MAY have sold
fakes? Other than Profiles in History, is there even one auction house that
DID sell fakes?

I am missing why it is wrong to admit what occurred. I would be MORE likely
to buy from an auction that "made good" on any mistake it made. But I would
be less likely to buy from an auction house that continued to make no
comment and hide behind vague statements like "we may have sold fakes".

This is very tiresome. Obviously some here would prefer this matter be
dropped publicly (at least on this forum), and I will oblige.

When I am sent fakes I will report on what I have seen (and provide detailed
images) in my e-mail club, but I won't comment on this further here (and of
course I will let Sean have the last word).

Bruce