  From: Diane Jeffrey
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:57 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] Dracula - Update

  OK people, I am really confused here, to see John's updated status on the
poster today.

  I called Brian at Profiles today, and he did not take my call, or did he
return the call.  So mid day, I called John.  John told me that he had the
poster and was going to un-mount it, in the presence of Ron Borts,(good
friend), Ken Schacter, and Joe Madalena, in order to get to the bottom of the
poster.  He still, at this point, did not say it believed it was fake.  He said
it would take a week for this to happen, and he would let me know. I offered
the info that I did not remember us being completely successful in removing the
layer on the back, that we may have sanded it some, trying to give him as much
info as possible , to help him get to the truth about the poster, since he was
about to un-mount it..   I called him back, because I realized I forgot to ask
him an important question, concerning the "Morgan Litho Co" writing at the
bottom. I told him that we did not add that text, did he know where that came
from??  He offered no info on that.  I also indicated to him during one of my
phone calls, that I had "before" and "after" pics of the poster.

  I am shocked to see his update, in view of my two phone conversations today,
makes no sense.  I was even more shocked when I read the following:

  "This once legitimate S2 reproduction one sheet was sanded thin by the
"restorer" then lined with canvas and paper ("linen backed") with airbrush
restoration throughout the border and title. The two bottom corners which would
have had vital reproduction information printed as identification were removed
and replaced in a restorative fashion and the fine print from an original
Dracula poster was then added by hand"

  "This reproduction poster has been "linen backed" and restored by an unknown
restorer with great attention paid restoratively to make this poster appear
authentic"

  Is John Davis accusing Studio C of producing a fake poster?
  Help!!  Any thoughts or insight will be greatly appreciated.
  Diane
  Studio C
  Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com