Then again, I ALWAYS wanted these, so fortunately, I eventually decided to go for them. Looking back, I would have hated myself to see them go to someone else for $2,500!

I was indeed willing to go MUCH higher on these, still, I actually didn't expect to win them at all. I watched the auction in the front of the computer and I must admit, I was simply stunned when I realized I had won them with just a single bid...

Helmut

Am 17.11.2009 um 16:24 schrieb Smith, Grey - 1367:

Helmut,
Thank you for your response here.
I am assuming that your bid was the low end of what you thought you would pay or were willing to pay, was it not? Many if not most of our bidders know this to be true of Heritage Auctions.

From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Helmut Hamm
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:38 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] I think the economy is getting better

Bruce,

I hear what you're saying, BUT... In this case, I know both last year's consignor and last year's bidder, and the deal was 100% legit. (I wouldn't have revealed the information
if hadn't been completely sure about the background story.)

Plus, individual door panels show up occasionally, but they are usually in rather bad shape (take a look at your own sales records), and it's almost impossible to find a complete set, especially in such great condition. (Knowing where they come from, I also know that they were in excellent shape before backing.)

It's just something I never thought I'd own. (And while I would have paid more, it wasn't even near 7G.)

Helmut