This "everything is fake lately" hysteria is just ridiculous. The
conspiracy theorists are alive and well!!

(not aimed at you Freeman or Kirby!!)

reasons we believe they are authentic.....given the evidence presented so
far.

1. full size 27x41
2. right kind of paper consistent with the era....thin stock, glossy/semi
gloss front with matte back.
3. LPIU printer union logo.
4. L hash marks on the corners.
5. Some of them have light foxing.....signs of age (so we've been told by a
 mopo dealer who has a few).....so they are definitely old unless someone
faked  foxing on a few of them.
6. Print quality is far from perfect.....which suggests
authenticity........not repro. If someone were creating a bootleg/fake for
resale they would
undoubtedly fix the minor printing defects this  has.
7. expert opinions from 3 other dealers who have actually handled them
(admittedly, they like to stay out of the fray and remain anonymous).
8. I've been told that the source these came from had just a few other
titles from that same time period (unconfirmed).
9. If anyone was trying to create a poster to commemorate and capitalize on
 the 40th anniversary.....it certainly wouldn't be a poster like
this.......one  that has (see points 1 through 6 above)

rolled yes....a red flag certainly.....but not unheard of especially if it
was a giveaway.

Freeman says there really were no giveaways back then..........well, this
I can't really explain...I also can't explain why this particular one sheet
(see below how it differs) never seems to have surfaced before until
recently.  But if you think about it.....how many times have we read in one of
Bruce's  auctions "We have never seen this particular style one sheet before!"
or  something to that effect. He doesn't say it often.......but he has said
it  before.

And could it be a commercial poster from spencers, suncoast, etc? Well
anything is possible but again it just doesn't seem/feel like a commercial
poster.

again, here is a closeup of the one we have:
_http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/aapics09/woodoct09.jpg_
(http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/aapics09/woodoct09.jpg)

many coming to light all from the same source.....a bit of a red flag
yes....but totally plausible they were tucked away all these years.

it is highly unlikely someone just all of a sudden decided to bootleg this
poster....one that is far from being in "high demand".

look at the bottom of this poster.......it has completely different and
more info. than pictures of other woodstock style c one sheets. The two that
heritage has sold are different.....one of them is completely blank at the
bottom (a rolled wilding poster), and the other is folded...theater issued
but  with no nss info..... And there are NO credits....blank on the  bottom
except for the copyright line, the printer union logo, and where it  says C
style.

This one we are selling has full credits. It even gives credit to magnum
photos inc. and to the photographers on the bottom right. What does that
mean?  Is that significant? is this a clue?

So where did the supposed bootlegger copy this poster from?? Did he just
create the credits??

We only have one by the way......and it is on consignment. I don't expect
it to sell....but we have been pleasantly surprised before with this title
so we  agreed to give it a shot.

And rick please get your facts straight....we have NEVER had a rolled cool
hand luke one sheet. Never claimed to have one. We did have 1000's of
rolled  posters from 68-72...but sadly cool hand luke wasn't one of them....and
we still  have hundreds of obscure titles from this find that are rolled near
mint that no  one would ever want (well, no one except Rich H as we sent
him several a few  years ago)...... We have sold several of these rolled one
sheets to dozens of  mopo members......and not one of them has ever suggested
they weren't authentic.  Only you. Someone who hasn't even seen one in
person.........someone who can't  even tell a fake rolled Friday the 13th from
real one.

so much petty jealousy in this hobby!!

again.....I am more than open to pulling it at the drop of a hat. I just
think that it looks and feels real so I'm going with my instinct.

If anyone else has anything to add.....just let me know!

Hey, Dave,

  I'm not alone. Guys like Bruce were there, too. I think you're
single-handedly attempting to create your own "movie poster reality" in
insisting
that these obvious reproductions are authentic. It's far more  plausible that
they're repros than they suddenly appeared out of nowhere after  40 years.
It would be different if we were only dealing with the Woodstock one
sheets----but we're not.  It seems like over the past two or three years
you've
had more explanations for the appearance of rolled one sheets from the
60's---first Cool Hand Luke, then a dozen other titles. If you proclaim  their
authentic long enough, people will believe what you're saying is  true---with
one lame explanation after another for their appearance out of  nowhere. I
can't believe being the respected dealer that you are---the pride of
eBay---that you wouldn't wait until you were ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN of a poster's
authenticity--to offer it to your trusting clientele. Sure, you say you'll
refund every buyer's money if the posters are ultimately found to  be
reproductions.  But tell me, Dave, who's keeping track? You're  certainly
keeping track
of all the money your stuffing into your pockets in  the meantime, aren't

David Lieberman

_CineMasterpieces.com_ (http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/)  | 15721 N.
Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite 105 -- Scottsdale, Az  85260
Vintage Original Movie Posters | 602 309 0500 | Office/Gallery Open By
Appt. Only.

_Our  Facebook Page_
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/CineMasterpieces/7735495839?v=wall)