Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:35:51 -0500
From: sp...@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [MOPO] STYLE 1A
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Richard and MoPo

I have extensively researched the subject of 30x40's and 40x60's which I
explain in detail in my new book due out in early May entitled 'The World's
Rarest Movie Posters' I have in my data base over 500 of these posters and as
someone stated, there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule, but here is what I
have been able to uncover. These size poster only came in ONE style in the
1930's, I have yet to find one from that time period with 2 styles. However
Meloy Borthers did create multiple styles (Up to 4 different styles) but never
designated any letter to differentiate them and they were NOT studion issue
posters. In 1939 is the first time I found 2 styles for the 40x60 which was for
"Gone with the Wind." Into the 40's 50's and 60's most 30x40's and 40x60's had
2 styles available, but here again there are exceptions.

The Omen posters I think you are referring to is the Advance 40x60 which is the
A and B style, after the Advance screening they issued another 40x60 that
talked about the intense nature of the film. Very confusing!!!

Regards,

Todd Spoor