The first catalog was in 1993 (I am pretty sure). The way it worked, you
could call immediately and get any item for 1 and a half times the listed
price. Then at a set time on a set day, you could call and order at the
listed prices. I would leave the phone off the hook for an hour until the
set time, and then precisely at that time I would put the phone on the hook
and there would be someone there, and they could get all they wanted at the
listed prices, and when I finished taking their order I would click the
phone and there would be someone else there, and I would do that again for
around four hours until finally I could hang up the phone for a minute or
two!

Then, two days later, whatever was left was 25% off, and a day later,
whatever was left was 50% off. At the very end, I had a couple of guys who
would take everything left as a package at 60% off.

I would get around 300-400 orders, and spend the next week or two sending
them out, and then I would take a couple of months off, and then put
together the next one, and do it all over again.

Those *WERE* the days, my friends!

Bruce