Interesting thought, Bruce, but I'd just ask what I paid for them and no more.

Guess I'm not thinking like a rich person which will keep me where I am!

Glenn
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: Glenn Taranto
  Cc: MoPo-L@listserv.american.edu
  Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 3:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Quick simple question

  The pro is that you can get a dummy appraisal that values the items at FAR
over a realistic value, and you can "make money" in tax savings while "giving"
items away (rich people do this ALL the time).

  The con is that you can get caught, and have the deduction disallowed and you
might pay a penalty (but no one ever goes to jail for this, which is why it is
such a popular crime).

  Bruce