I don't know why they don't just let everyone list for free and just take their back-end cuts.

Dale.. you are right and wrong at the same time

#1.. that should have been the philosophy all along

#2.. every Stu Holstein or Mrs Miniver out there would clutter it up with $1,000,000 priced listings worth $125 each and that would clutter it up just as badly

I really wish I could filter out sellers. but to fleaBay, here's the neg:
yes, you would only see the real actual auctions (meaning, material with no reserves, start at low prices compared to value and are not just retail listings). however, you would see that there are just 5000 or so "real" auctions in the almost 1,000,000 listed in Entertainment Memorabilia (that is .05% of listings!). And I'm being generous at 5000.. believe me