I think the biggest problem is that these kinds of posters (This Gun, Blue
Dahlia, Breakfast at T's, Forb. Planet, Day the Earth SS, 50 ft. Woman, etc,
etc) are offered over and over and over, and are in virtually *EVERY *signature
auction. Now I imagine giant hobbies like comics or cards can handle this
kind of "over-exposure" (although I have heard rumors that the bubbles are
getting ready to pop there), but our basically tiny hobby (perhaps 5,000
serious collectors, with another 10,000 or so casual collectors, and another
100,000 or so who buy one item to frame and never buy another) simply can't
handle this!

I imagine you can't stop people from consigning these posters over and over,
but hopefully the ever-lower prices they get will have that effect. These
are all great posters, but there are only so many people looking to buy each
one, and once they all have one, the price has to drop to what a casual
non-diehard collector will pay for it, which is great for that person, but
bad for dealers and collectors who need to sell.

New blood would be great, but my personal opinion is that new blood that has
no love of the items tend to buy and sell in a relatively short time, so
they can be great for dealers, but do nothing towards building a better
hobby.

Anyone else care to share some thoughts?

Bruce