From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard
Evans
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 4:20 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] three sheets

Wall space a challenge and like posters having their own space anyway, so
only one on the wall.

Going to trouble of framing, UV etc, prefer it to be art that works
particularly well in that format.

Rear Window was up until recently, really like art in that format

It lasted very well, but after 10 years needed a change.

Replaced with Love in the Afternoon, art works well as a 3 sheet. (Another
nice use of a roller blind, but without Evelyn Keyes' size 12s.)

Rich mentioned Strangers on a Train recently, insert he has is really good,
and I think that title's an excellent example of a 3 sheet.

(Seems V rare though, only know of Bruce selling one, and Christies.)

Used to have more rolled up on linen. Touch of Evil, nice enough, but art
doesn't really justify that size in my opinion.

Gun Crazy, (which I bought from Bruce years ago, pre-ebay, had backed and
never got on the wall), I regret selling a little, another very good 3 sheet
I think.

Eye-popping and deliciously trashy.

Examples off the top of my head; it doesn't get much better than 3 shts for
King Kong and the German 3 shts for M and Metropolis (obviously!).

Again for selfish reasons, I'll be happy if the new generation have little
interest in this format.

And, I'd probably look at getting a frame where they could be circulated
easily.

PS: I think I should take back my comment about Breakfast at Tiffany's 1
sheets not seriously cooling yet.

Noticed on ebay last night that there's something like nine of them up
there.