Hello all,
  Hey Dave that 3 sheet does still look pretty good. 3 Sheets have been a thorn
in the side of many collectors for years. I, myself, bought alot of 3 sheets in
the early days not really knowing what I would do with them, but they were just
so beautiful and large, sort of like the movies on the big screen were for me.
The cost of framing them in a retail establishment is extremely high as most
frame shops don't keep materials in stock for something oversize like this and
when they special order those materials, the cost is very high. I didn't even
frame one of my own 3 sheets until I opened my framing business in 1987. I
couldn't afford it.  You can frame them without linenbacking but they don't
look as good. What you do is use some acid free artist tape to hinge the pieces
together. You don't have to put the tape all the way across the seam, just at a
few strategic places. Once it's in the frame, it's good to go and they become
quite the conversation piece in your home or office.

     I routinely ship the unassembled frames for 3 sheets. Then I provide the
information for the customer to get the plexiglass and acid free backing at
wholesale in their own neck of the woods. Assembling the frame is a breeze.
Most of you that order my regular frames know that already. You can save
hundreds of dollars doing it yourself over having it custom framed in a retail
shop. The cost of the complete custom frame from me is about $97 and comes with
all the assembly hardware, hanging and stress wires ready to put together and
hang up your 3 sheet. I use a bit thicker frame than Dave shows in his picture.
He was just matching the Archival frame that he gets on all of his other items.
The frame I use is about 5/8" wide and 1 1/4" on the side. Many of my customers
here on the group will attest to the fact that it is a nice frame and better
yet, it gets your 3 sheet on the wall instead of sitting in a box. Please feel
free to call me to discuss your options. Even if you are handy and can make a
wood frame yourself, please feel free to call me to give you the info you need
for the UV filtered plexiglass (true view non glare is preferrred as Dave
mentioned) and the Artcare conservation backing we use for value appreciating
material.

Sue
www.hollywoodposterframes.com
(800) 463-2994