*Did you know... that there are some basic items that EVERY collector
should consider owning?*
     We are often contacted by collectors with various concerns or requests
that pertain to collecting movie paper such as "how can I protect the tear
in my poster without restoration", "how can I safely remove this piece of
tape", "how can I more easily open packages", etc. So we thought it would
be helpful to make a list of some of the items we think *ALL *movie paper
collectors should strongly consider owning:

**Conservation Tape (P90 Filmoplast tape)* - This is tape that is safe for
use on movie paper. You can use it on the back of items to secure tears.

**Bestine* - This is a solvent that can dissolve the sticky part of tape
making the tape easily removed without damage to movie paper and is
therefore super useful in removing tape from older posters, and also can
"save the day" if you accidentally get tape stuck to a poster when removing
it from a package. *NOTE*: This is a highly flammable and dangerous
substance and should only be used in a well ventilated area, and *ONLY* if
you are at least somewhat "handy" and will be *EXTREMELY *careful using it.
Be sure to read *ALL* of the manufacture's warnings before use.

**A utility knife, Xacto knife, or similar* - This is wonderful for opening
well packed packages (such as those eMoviePoster.com uses). *NOTE*: You
should always cut with care as these knives are extremely sharp and
*WILL*cut through several pieces of cardboard with ease, and can also
cut into
* YOU* with even greater ease. You definitely do *NOT* want to accidentally
cut your movie paper (or yourself)!

**A map file or other storage equipment* - As we all know, movie paper can
be very valuable, so why not store it in a way that best protects your
investment? A map file is a great way to do this if you have space because
it allows you to store one-sheet-size and smaller posters unfolded and
flat. Boxes or tubes are also acceptable if you don't have the space (or
funds) for a large map file.
--for more information about storage, please go the following link: *Did
you know... that many people have different views on how to best store
their movie paper
collection?<http://www.emovieposter.com/announcements.php?id=409>
*

**A digital camera or phone with a built-in camera* - This is an invaluable
tool for when you want to:

*Get advice from someone online about your poster
*Share images of your favorite posters with the world
*Offer items for sale

**Spreadsheet or database software* - A great tool for cataloging one's
collection (and there are free ones such as
*LibreOffice<http://www.libreoffice.org/>
* or *GoogleDocs <http://docs.google.com/>*). You will have to have a
little higher level of computer expertise to easily use such software
(although, we hear GoogleDocs makes things fairly easy), but enlisting the
help of a "computer nerd" family member can get you on the path to using
this software. You may also be able to find commercial "collection"
software to aid you in cataloging your collection, but we don't know of any
good software that is specifically dedicated to movie paper.

*NOTE:* Copies of the last two items above (digital photos of your
collection *AND *your collection list in your online software) need to be
stored somewhere completely separate from your collection! Otherwise in the
event of a disaster, you will not have proof of what you owned, but if you *
DO* have both of these, you will have an excellent chance of filing (and
collecting) on an insurance claim
--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 26 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874