My subscription to MCW back in the early 90s rekindled my love for the hobby,
and I ended up becoming acquainted personally with many advertisers, people
like Deke Richards, Jack Gold, our own Bruce Hershenson, (who printed a
positive letter from me on the back of one issue), and, of course, the hobby's
own tsunami of good will & positivity, Noel Dean Schiff. It was a different
time. I snagged some killer bargains, and spent hours perusing the pages of the
2-3 thick sections, full of thousands of titles. I placed a couple of my own
ads, full of what I though was junk, and made enough dough to get a mint 1
Sheet from THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER from Jim Dietz..
It was a great little magazine. It saddened me when Ebay  helped make it into
an anorexic shadow of its former glory, but.....time & progress march forward
inexorably.
Dang.
Greg Douglass