To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] R.I.P. Movie Collector's World 1976-2012

My subscription to MCW back in the early 90s rekindled my love for the hobby, and I ended up becoming acquainted personally with many advertisers, people like Deke Richards, Jack Gold, our own Bruce Hershenson, (who printed a positive letter from me on the back of one issue), and, of course, the hobby's own tsunami of good will & positivity, Noel Dean Schiff. It was a different time. I snagged some killer bargains, and spent hours perusing the pages of the 2-3 thick sections, full of thousands of titles. I placed a couple of my own ads, full of what I though was junk, and made enough dough to get a mint 1 Sheet from THE ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER from Jim Dietz.. It was a great little magazine. It saddened me when Ebay helped make it into an anorexic shadow of its former glory, but.....time & progress march forward inexorably.
Dang.
Greg Douglass
---- Rodney Sims <film_butc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Tom,
I have to ask - were you by any chance the copywriter and proofreader of your MCW ads?

Rodney