 From: Alan Adler <m...@charter.net>
To: allen day <aday_5...@yahoo.com>
Cc: mopo-l@listserv.american.edu
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] OT Another question for the members of this forum regarding
international shipping

I don't undervalue - seems like I would be breaking some international law -
and if the item is say a $500 item - and you insured it for that - how can you
undervalue the item and ever get a payout if loss or damaged?  And I wouldn't
ship an expensive piece without insurance.  Especially these days when Paypal
will just debit your account if it doesn't show.  Alan

On Dec 4, 2012, at 1:46 PM, allen day wrote:

Howdy y'all,

>When any member ships to an international customer ... do you insure for full
>value and state full value for customs purposes?
>

>I am always asked if I will declare a nominal value on the item, so that the
>international buyer does not have to pay the value added tax (VAT).
>

>Sooo ... do you or don't you?
>

>ad
>Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com
>In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
>The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

MUSEUM GIFT SHOP:

http://stores.ebay.com/Museum-Store-Gifts

ALAN J. ADLER INTERVIEW:

http://ephemera.typepad.com/ephemera/2009/09/movie-poster-collector-alan-j-adler-interview.html