I remember it being affectionately known as Deke Mint!
There was mint and then there was Deke Mint!
Deke Mint was by far the superior.

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Zeev Drach
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:30 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Deke Richards

I met Deke at the Cinefest in Columbus many years ago. There was a period of
about seven years there, around 2000, when Deke would set up his table with
great lobby cards.  He was pretty rigid with his prices, but when you bought a
lobby card from Deke you knew you are buying a card in NM condition or better!
This was affectionately known among his dealer friends as "Deke Conditon". He
simply refused to stock cards in any lesser condition than that.  He also would
not allow customers to handle his cards.  He, and he alone, would pull the card
out of his album, and carefully allow you to examine it, IF he thought you are
serious about buying it in the first place.
He was very much loved and admired by a lot of dealers, who of formed kind of
an in-crowd "Mafia" that I had the pleasure of tagging along to many a dinners
or late night beer.
Those were the days...
I know he will be missed by many Columbus regulars.

Zeev