From: Rix Posterz <rixpost...@aol.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Deke Richards

  In the late 80's and early 90's before Deke had moved to Washington, I used
to go up to his house in The Valley here in the L.A. area and sell him posters
I'd acquired. Had a lot of conversations with him not only about posters, but
about his years in the music business as well. He was the last surviving member
of The Corporation, a group of 4 or 5 Motown songwriters who wrote many of the
Jackson 5's biggest hits along with "Love Child" for Diana Ross and many more.
Later on, he became "The Cryptkeeper".  He was a really nice guy underneath his
curmudgeonly exterior. Many times back then, my son---who was 7 or 8 at the
time--would go with me up to his house. Through the years, whenever I spoke
with Deke, he'd always ask how my son Jack was doing.  Just last year...I think
in August...I bought a lot of posters from him. At the time, I knew he was
sick, but not to what degree.  His nephew, Scott, was helping him with his
poster business.  Will
 definitely miss him. Deke was an original...truly one of a kind.
                                                           Rick
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at http://www.filmfan.com/