From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of JOHN REID
Vintage Movie Memorabilia
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:49 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Buyers who supply the wrong address

I am constantly amazed that buyers continually provide incorrect address
details through paypal. Most recent is where a buyer emailed me to ask why
his poster hadnt arrived. I checked the tracking and it is saying "awaiting
collection". When I emailed the buyer he said "Oh, the address I gave you
was my old address. I moved six months ago"!!

Some have different registered addresses with paypal and eBay and they
forget to update changes. They dont realise that sellers should always ship
to the registered paypal address.

Another thing is that buyers provide the wrong postcode or make typos in
their addresses that need to be corrected. I hate to say it but it seems to
occur most often for customers in Australia! I dont think they realise that
many sellers just copy and paste the address exactly as supplied so it is
really important to make sure that the address is correct.

Just curious if any dealers have had similar experiences.

Regards

John

JOHN REID VINTAGE MOVIE MEMORABILIA
Websites: