It seems to me that you are perfect for a website, because you want to sell
your items at retail and not gamble (and that is perfectly fine).

But the big question is not how you create the site, but *HOW *do you get
it in front of the eyes of those who are interested buyers?

I would think that whether or not you create such a site, you should surely
keep your eBay store, listing absolutely everything you have for sale (and
raise the prices so that you get the amount you want after you pay the
fees).

You also might also add a lot or all of your items to sites like Movie
Poster Exchange (*http://www.movieposterexchange.com/buy.php?list=fixed
<http://www.movieposterexchange.com/buy.php?list=fixed>*) and any other
site that lets you list for free (and then also raise your prices to offset
whatever selling fees they have).

You also might consider entering some of your top pieces into auctions like
Heritage or Christie's London, but only if they give you a reserve that is
equal to the amount you want to get after their commissions, and no fee if
they don't sell.

I think all these are preferable to spending much time and effort in
creating a website that may never get many viewers if you don't spend a lot
of money to find and attract those viewers.

But of course, this is just my opinion!

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Alan Adler <m...@charter.net> wrote:

> Dear Mopos with Websites -
>
> Have been thinking of following Bruce's advice and creating my own
> off-Ebay website to sell (not auction) posters and goodies.
>

> How do you mo-pros who sell on your own sites enjoy that digital venue vs.
> the old Ebay paradigm?
>
> Is it more difficult technically (man hours) to use your own site or
> costly to keep running than you thought it would be?
>
> How do you drive eyeballs - Is it tough getting visitors?
>
> Do you sell on Ebay and your own site - or strictly your own site?
>
> What do you suggest be included or avoided when building a site?
>
> Any big surprises or epiphanies you've had in the process of building and
> running your website that you'd be willing to share?
>

> Hope some folks find this a stimulating thread.
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> Alan Adler
> Museum of Mom and Pop Culture

>        Send a message addressed to: lists...@listserv.american.edu

Bruce Hershenson and the other 29 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874
West Plains, MO 65775
Phone: 417-256-9616 (hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 5 except from 12 to 1 when we take
lunch)
our site <http://www.emovieposter.com/>
our auctions <http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html>

   * Complete Buyer Protection
<http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120625ad_emovieposter_no_buyer_beware_buyer_warranty.jpg>
- *No time limit on our guarantees & *NO* buyer beware
* Hershenson Help Hotline
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/20120906_mcw_ad_hershenson_help_hotline_forsite.jpg>
- *Direct line to Bruce (our owner!) for urgent problems
Also, please read the following three pages of in-depth* Customer Reviews *of
our company * - Page 1
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page1.jpg>,
Page 2
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page2.jpg>,
Page 3
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page3.jpg>*,
which shows you in our customers' own words exactly what makes our company
and our auctions so very different from all others!