Alan, when you ask about the "millions" I think you're referencing my image service website, not my movie poster stock (though I do have 200,000 or so posters. many are duplicates of course)

I do indeed have millions of high resolution images on file or can be supplied by photographing or scanning material in my collection. I will have some 10,000 posters and 20,000 or so photographs, but where I really have it is in comics & pulp magazines. I have some 10,000 pulp images on file, direct scans in high res, but I am very deep in comics images

for instance, if DC wanted to rerpint the Superman stories from Action Comics #2-71 and the covers to those issues, I have full sized high res scans in 300dpi that I produced directly from excerpted issues that I either used to have or still have (I still have Action #2) or if they wanted some 1000 complete golden age comic books from the 2nd tier companies like Fiction House or Fox from 1939-56, again I have direct scans that I produced.

where I am really really deep is original newspaper comics from 1905-1975.
One of my favorite collections, I have complete comics sections for 2 different syndicates (Hearst, Tribune) from 1905-1931 about 70% complete. I'm a bit spotty until 1934. 1934-1939 I'll have sections that have been cut apart to form title collections - like Flash Gordon (my set was used to produce the Kitchen Sink reprints back in the 90's with Al Williamson's set to find the best copies of each to reproduce from), or Dick Tracy or Prince Valiant etc. From 1941 to 1975, I have 99% complete Sunday comics sections for every syndicate that produced comic strips for the major markets and I could even have smaller town papers where they used strips from even smaller syndicates that only produced a few strips. From 1940-1975 I have the daily strips, bound to volumes with the complete pages from 2-3 diff papers

so anyone wanting to reprint any comic strips from 1905-1975 might call me, or Ohio State University which has a better collection than anyone.

but I have more.. vintage advertisements scans, paperback books, comic books covers aside from those mentioned earlier - maybe 20,000 of those, gum cards.. all kinds of items

I will sell them to magazines, book publishers. I've supplied images a few times to IMAX. Ken Burns' documentary film company contacted me last year.. I actually need to promote that business much better than I do.

To add, one of the biggest suppliers of high res images to industry is also one of the biggest auction companies in posters - Morrie Everett's "Everett Collection" is a multi million dollar company. I need to connect with them realistically. They do a much better job than I am able

Rich