From: Helmut Hamm <texasmu...@web.de>
To: MoPo-L <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 9:32
Subject: Re: [MOPO] What do you call this size poster?

As long as the image is the same as the onesheet, I agree with Bruce: Most
collectors might indeed prefer the onesheet.

However, sometimes the subway campaign used completely different images, like
this Style B poster for THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH:

http://www.filmposter.net/movieposters/poster/movie/original/the-man-who-fell-to-earth-16/search/1/pno/0/

This image was not used anywhere else, and it's far superior to the onesheet.
Also, sometimes the half subways were printed on flat paper stock. To some
collectors, they may be more attractive than the 'glossy' onesheets. Which, of
course, does not mean they are more expensive.

Talk about 'rare' formats: Most likely the rarest format of all the US posters
is the 'Subway Window Card', measuring 21x22 in. These were used in displays
inside the subway trains and this is a format that hardly ever shows up at all.

Helmut

Thanks.  I will pass that information along.

If that is all that you have ever sold (236 records out of 1 million sales), I
would argue that they are fairly scarce.  But I am not convinced (based on the
sale prices) that these garner a premium over the corresponding 1-sheets.
Would you agree?

Evan