Yes, and The Groundlings is mentioned in the article.

I think anybody can be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  That history
doesn’t bother me one bit.

What he brought to the show in L.A. was completely fresh.  HBO has a knack for
being right there when something great in comedy
happens.  I, too, like Alan, laughed my head off.  Just as I did with Roseanne
Barr’s “domestic goddess” and Eddie Izzard’s “executive transvestite.”

I think the respect of his fellow comics says more about his talent than
anything that I could add.

Kriby