wow what a wonderful Obit...97 seeem impossible..But seems he led a full life and was more then just posters look at how he helped others..I was impressed with that ..although I have the Reel art BOOK 1st edition and its a work of art

makes you see life is lots ofexperience..and he was married so long and shes stillalive and his kids!!!

he also was doing a new book at 97 so thers hope for me as im 62 and wow.....bruce too...as we keep talking about Books..

what a inspiration men  like that are...

God bless s Richard  Carson Allen

On 2018-10-01 15:04, Kirby McDaniel wrote:
Hello, All:

First of all, thank you, Bruce, for reporting this.

I am greatly saddened to hear of Richard Allen’s death. He was a
wonderful man, and he was so kind to me in the beginning days of my
career selling film posters. He was encouraging. He genuinely loved
film posters, and your assessment of his influence on the hobby is
spot-on. The book he created with Stephen Rebello is a wonderful book,
and I’m sure that it helped to spawn the many books that now exist
on the subject, some of which are quite fine, but none better than
REEL ART.

You are quite right about his personality, which was warm, friendly,
inviting, curious, genial, patient.

I was lucky to have known him. My dad died when he was 97 also, and I
can tell you that that in itself is an accomplishment.

Rest In Peace, Richard.

Kind Regards to all on this list, and to you, Bruce,

Kirby McDaniel
MovieArt Austin

On Oct 1, 2018, at 1:35 PM, Bruce Hershenson