USPS currently has a major problem processing any international mail.

>From a Feb 18th DHL business account message that I got, citing a USPS
manager to whom DHL Germany spoke, because of complaints and insurance
claims for sendings to the US:

„We do have a backlog at NJ NDC, which processes all inbound surface parcels
[…]. Currently they have a delay of approximately 250,000.“
(USPS management)

So a quarter million international parcels are not processed in the US.

Similar issues in the UK it seems, where parcelforce recently refused to
forward a priority parcel to a London dealer from me, and it was sent back
to Germany after lying around for 4 weeks somewhere, without any possibility
of the recipient (or me) to get it delivered, there was no delivery attempt,
no reasons given why it was sent back to me. Custom papers were included.

Currently I only send door to door express to the US and also to the UK
mostly (UPS or DHLexpress or Fedex) which is very affordable via a provider
like Jumingo.com or upela.com (like 40 Euro for a tube to the US, 2-3 day
delivery, less for folded, or 15-20 Euro 1-2 day delivery to the UK)
If you book such a sending directly at the courier service website (UPS or
Fedex) you pay at least 3 times the amount for exactly the same service.
This is pretty absurd by itself.

Wolfgang
www.kinoart.net