Peter,

I hope you did not expect Heritage to answer your question? Since Grey has
gone, Heritage is exclusively abusing MoPo for their auction spamming.

Generally speaking, all auction houses charge from both ends: If a lot sells
for $200, they add a buyer‘s premium of 20-35% and they charge a commission to
seller as well, which is usually another 20-25%. If you are lucky, that leaves
$150 to $160 in your pocket. But that‘s before the Paypal fees of course, or
the (usually pretty brutal) wire transfer fee. In the pre-digital days
Christies and Sothebys would also charge a hefty extra fee for showing an image
of your lot in their catalog.

Helmut