I think what Helmut is alluding to is what Grey calls an auction anomaly
..ie. A bidding war which may take a poster way beyond its performance in a
number of past auctions ..obviously these are the exceptions not the rules
..dealers should always be concerned with valuations with  expectations for
a profit  ..while you could compare posters to items you mentioned ..I need
a car I need a loaf of Bread etc I don’t need a poster…Seems there is
always something new down the line ..while posters maybe stagnating
original artwork seems to have found an audience ..comic book cover art  ,
concept art for movies ,Mondo etc I’ve never followed props per se so can’t
comment..