Tony Calvert...well I may not be a good study yes I have not seen very many movies at all in the last few years in the 70s and 80s I would watch movies in theaters usually popular titles end it seems like only three or four movie a month would come out then by I think 1984 was waiting we got a VHS duck and then we started watching old videos back then there was a local video store called video connection it would you offer public domain titles that were done by many people who had 16 mm prints of all the movies About that time they also started releasing laser desks by criterion that were very interesting because they included Director cuts

Then finally video DVDs came out along with Blu-ray it was hard to decide what format to move in by I still have sealed copies of blade runner and a few other titles on VHS

I have to admit I have not seen so many films it's pathetic especially some very common Classics people would see from film school

For instance I've never seen polar Xpress with Tom Hanks in Leslie Zemeckis
 why i dont know
 I think because i have had numerous health issues since 2012
So I'm not really worthy of being a film aficionado
The best movie I remember seeing was cinema Paradisio in the theater Italian dubbed in a art theater that showed foreign films As far as attention span to watch long movies I remember seeing gone with the wind released in 1980 I am not good at watching very long films At this time I do not even have cable I only watch television I can get with an antenna of stations that broadcast to everyone so I get NBC CBS ABC and PBS and actually I prefer less there is something beautiful about last media of news television as most of the content is either trying to sell you something or disinformation in my opinion it just causes extreme anxiety and the underlying negativity especially debates about social media artificial intelligence and the light

I still never get bored by seeing a rebroadcast of the film it's a wonderful life with jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed by Frank Capra The little girl that played Zuzu - karolynn Grimes who said: " ever time a bell rings a angel gets his wings" has a page on facebook called zuzus petals

great womanand believer

I wanted to see the new raiders of lost ark..the elvis movie the peter jackson Beatles film although heard ut was very long alsobut the beatles were my fave band...and wanted to see the Spielberg semi auto biography film other than that I know there's been many films and TV shows that are getting rave reviews

But there was something about a slow paced classic movie was great story build up and character builder like a Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn phone or even the Greek musicals or even a old Western that just seems more palatable to me I love the comedies of the old days including the 80s and I still crack up at the vintage three stooges shorts as well as many of the classic 30s and 40s films I seem to of liked a lot of the same films set many of Mopo likes forbidden planet, war of the worlds, the time machine, planet of the apes, Jaws, Star Wars, I like the film with Jeff Bridges Tucker what's funny is I still have posters from any of the 80s titles I like ET a lot And I liked a lot of the old thriller horror films from the 80s however now being an old man less stress is better so I find myself enjoying public broadcasting nature shows about history and natural nature tomorrow soothing from a technical aspect I liked all the film technical achievements however I'm not sure I agree with the artificial intelligence manipulation just as I'm sure many people didn't like colorized movies when they tryed that Movies can be used to inspire and I never was a proponent of not allowing creatives to Xpress themselves so no censorship however some films are just not good for children I prefer films is that inspire and allow us to consider potential for mankind's families and friends

I also like the films of the old days like Cecil B DeMille's 10 Commandments and many of the inspirational biblical film Stanley creamers films and Mel Brooks and all the Peter Sellers films are some of my favorites Hope that helps Tony God bless you all let's hope the movie industry concurrent self and get along and make some better products And hold the public can feel safe going to see a movie without fear of a shootout happening as I find out very disturbing as there is no suspension of disbelief any longer many angry people are overstressed and taking out their frustrations on common folk everywhere that is just not right
take care all
Tom
Hollywood dreamfactory®
since 1977