Marsha,
I think my main contention is that I do not value
the word "care", I do not value the concept of "care"

What I do value is the act of caring.

This is the distinction I am trying to make.

Silly, nice sounding, are ways of separating the words and
concepts from the act. Meaning ultimately lies in use.

Blindly following words and concepts misinterprets
and distorts the actual meaning of those acts.
(which is, I think, what we are both saying)

Analytic has such a high value pattern because
generally, in western culture it is seen as the
highest pattern of good, The problem being that
good is divorced from the values
that give it it's meaning.

-Ron